White Chocolate and Candy Cane Cheesecake Recipe
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped, or 1-1/3 cups white baking pieces
- 2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-ounce carton mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely crushed hard peppermint candies (such as candy canes or striped round peppermint candies)
- 2 ounces white baking chocolate, or 1/3 cup white baking pieces
- Crushed hard peppermint candies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a heavy saucepan, heat and stir 8 ounces white chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; set aside.
- For crush, in a medium bowl, stir together graham crackers and melted butter until combined. Press crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan (do not go up the sides of pan.) Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Beat in melted chocolate and peppermint extract until smooth and combined, scraping bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup candy.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a sharp small knife, loosen cake from pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan and cool completely. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve, cut cheesecake into wedges using a sharp knife dipped in warm water. In a heavy small saucepan, melt 2 ounces white chocolate over low heat. Spoon melted chocolate over cheesecake slices. If desired, sprinkle top with additional candy. To store any remaining cheesecake, cover and chill in refrigerator up to 2 days. Makes 12 servings.
White Hot Chocolate
Cook: 15 mins / Servings: 5
A cup of this creamy, spicy hot cocoa drink makes coming in out of the cold even more of a treat. Topped with slivers of vanilla candy coating and sprinkled with cinnamon, this toasty beverage is the perfect reward for shoveling the driveway. It may even entice kids to come in out of the snow after a few hours of sledding and snowball fights.
- 3 cups half-and-half or light cream*
- 3/4 cup vanilla-flavor baking pieces or vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped
- 3 inches stick cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Slivers or vanilla-flavor candy coating (optional)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Combine 1/4 cup of the half-and-half or light cream, vanilla baking pieces or chopped candy coating, stick cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; whisk over low heat until vanilla baking pieces or candy is melted. Remove stick cinnamon.
- Add remaining half-and-half or light cream. Whisk until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Serve warm in cups or mugs; top with slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Makes 5 (6-ounce) servings.
- *Note: To reduce fat, you may substitute low-fat milk or evaportated fat-free milk for the half-and-half.
- Tip: To create the foamy layer on top, blend some of the hot chocolate mixture in a blender container until frothy, and add to each serving.