Cinnamon-Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 pint nonfat frozen vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, sift together the cocoa, flour, cinnamon, and salt and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, sugars, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 3 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the egg white and combine well. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Form into a ball, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a melon baller or teaspoon, scoop the dough and drop onto the baking sheet. Flatten gently with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and remove to a cooling rack.
- When cool, spoon about a tablespoon of frozen yogurt on the flat side of the cookie and top with a second cookie. Serve. The prepared sandwiches can be stored in a rigid container and frozen up to 1 week.
Grasshopper Ice Cream Sandwiches With Hot Fudge Suace
This dessert combined mint and chocolate, cookie and ice cream, and hot and cold. The dough is very pliable; after placing it into the corners with your fingers. Dough can be refrigerated on sheet, covered, up to 1 day.
Prep: 35 minutes / Total: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking sheet.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for baking sheet
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 quart mint chocolate-chip ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Fudge Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet; dust with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, gradually beat in flour mixture. Pat dough into a rectangle. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough between wax paper into a 10-by-15 rectangle. Remove top paper; use the bottom to flip dough onto prepared sheet. Score into 20 sqaures with a paring knife. Pierce holes over squares.
- Bake until just firm, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Cut into sqaures; let cool completely.
- Sandwich ice cream between two cookies. Wrap in plastic; freeze to set, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve plain, or place on plates, and drizzle with hot fudge.
Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches
Cookie Ingredients (adapted from Gourment)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar + 2 Tablespoons
- 1/3 cup sugar + 2 Tablespoons
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, kosher salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with the paddle attachment (a handheld mixer works fine) cream together the unsalted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix the batter for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until it’s almost combined. Use a spatula or mixing spoon to fold the batter so that the flour is incorporated. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the shredded carrots, coconut, and chopped golden raisins.
- Using a cookie dough scooper (1 1/2 inch scoop), place the dough about 2 inches away from one another. Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 20 - 30 minutes to let the dough firm up a bit. This step is really important because if you don’t refrigerate them first, the dough will spread out too much when baking in the oven.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. The cookies may look a little dark but that’s from the spices. Let the cookie cool for about 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet and then cool them on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, spread the cream cheese frosting on one side of the cookie and place another cookie on top of it to make a delicious carrot cookie sandwich! Enjoy!
for the cream cheese recipe: http://gingerbreadcake.wordpress.com/cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/
Chocolate Chip and Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
Yield: Makes 10
A chocolate-dipped frozen banana meets an ice cream sandwich.
- 1 16.5-ounce log refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough or two 16-ounce tubs pre-portioned chocolate chip cookie dough rounds
- 2 pints premium banana ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into very thin slices
- 1 11.5-ounce package bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups loose granola or english toffee bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Is using dough log, cut into 20 equal-size rounds. Arrange sliced dough rounds (or 20 pre-portioned rounds) on 2 baking sheets, spacing evenly. Using fingertips, press each into 2 1/2-inch round. Bake cookies until golden, about 11 minutes for sliced rounds and 15 minutes for pre-portioned dough. Transfer to rack; cool.
- Line baking sheet with foil; place in freezer. Place 1 cookie, flat side up, on work surface. Top with 1/3 cup ice cream; spread almost to edge. Top with single layer of bananas. Sandwich with another cookie; press gently to compact. Place on baking sheet in freezer. Repeat with remaining cookies, ice cream, and bananas. Freeze 2 hours. Using knife, smooth sides of ice cream sandwiches. Freeze 1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips and oil in small glass bowl; microwave on medium-high until chocolate is melted, stopping occasionally to stir, about 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand just until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Place granola of toffee (if using) on plate. Dip 1 ice cream sandwich halfway into melted chocolate; lift and quickly shake excess chocolate back into bowl. If desired, roll dipped edge in granola or toffee; return to baking sheet in freezer. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, chocolate, and granola of toffee. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. DO AHEAD: can be made 2 days ahead. wrap each sandwich in foil; keep frozen.
Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 min / Total Time: 2 hr 45 min / Makes: 15 servings, one sandwich each
What you need
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts, divided
- 30 CHIPS AHOY! Cookies
MIX ice cream and 1/2 cup of the peanuts. Freeze 20 to 30 min. or until firm enough to hold its shape.
SPOON about 2 Tbsp. of the ice cream mixture onto bottom side of each of 15 of the cookies; cover with second cookie, top-side up, to make a total of 15 sandwiches
ROLL edges in remaining 1/2 cup peanuts. Freeze 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
Kraft kitchen tips
Wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap or foil and store in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
VARIATION - EASY ICE CREAM SANDWICH MINIS
For bite-size sandwiches, prepare as directed using Mini CHIPS AHOY! Cookies and filling each cookie sandwich with 2 tsp. of the ice cream mixture. Makes 15 servings, two mini sandwiches each.
Roll edges in chopped BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows or chopped Mini OREO Bite Size Chocolate Sandwich Cookies.
Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
8 Servings / Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets, forming 16 cookies. Flatten slightly with a glass. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- To assemble sandwiches, place 1/4 cup ice cream on the bottom of half the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze overnight. Yield: 8 Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 317 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Peanut Butter & Choc Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches with Fresh Banana
Prep Time: 25 min / Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup for rolling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, ripe but firm
- 1 quart of good quality chocolate chip ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy – about 8 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until thoroughly combined. Reduce mixer to low, slowly add the flour mixture and beat until just combined
- Using a small ice cream scoop (1 3/4 inch), scoop dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and roll in remaining 1/4 cup sugar to coat evenly and place on baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Gently press the cookies with the back of a fork to create a crisscross pattern (if tines stick, dip fork in cup of warm water in between each cookie). Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake 12–15 minutes, or until just golden. Transfer to cooking racks and let cool completely before making sandwiches.
- Slice bananas into 1/8-inch thick slices and fan slices on bottom sides of 12 cookies. Place 1 small scoop of chocolate chip ice cream on top of the banana slices and top with remaining cookie. Serve immediately or wrap cookies individually in plastic and freeze.
Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
12-15 Servings / Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + Freezing
- Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 medium firm banana, thinly sliced
- Prepare batter for Brownie for Ice Cream Sandwiches. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with pecans. Bake and cool according to recipe directions.
- Cut brownie in half widthwise. Spread hot fudge topping over one brownie half; spread with ice cream and layer with banana slices. Turn over remaining brownie half; place over bananas. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars, squares or desired shapes. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze until serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
S’More Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Get two summer favorites, ice-cream sandwiches and s’mores all in one cool dessert!
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 2 hours 20 min
Makes: 16 sandwiches
- 32 graham cracker squares
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 gallon brick-style chocolate ice cream
- Arrange 16 of the graham crackers in bottom of ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch. Spread frosting on top of each cracker. Spread marshmallow creme on one side of remaining crackers.
- Cut ice cream crosswise into four 3/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into fourths to make 16 pieces. (Freeze remaining ice cream for another use.) Place one ice cream piece on each cracker in pan. Top with remaining crackers, marshmallow sides down, pressing lightly.
- Cover and freeze about 2 hours or until firm. Wrap each sandwich in foil or plastic wrap; store in freezer.
Do-Ahead: Make and keep these sandwiches in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
Success: If the ice cream is too hard to cut, refrigerate it 20 to 30 minutes to soften.
260 ( 100); 11g ( 6g, ncg); 20mg; 130mg; 37g ( 1g, ncg); 3g 6%; 0%; 8%; 4% 1 ; 1 1/2; 0 ; 0 ; 2 2 1/2
Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwich
Both simpler and more decadent than a chocolate croissant, a grilled chocolate sandwich is a marriage of bread and chocolate in which the two components are evenly matched.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 slices thin whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 3 tablespoons bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts, (optional)
- Heat evaporated milk just until boiling. Add chocolate, let stand for 1 minute; then whisk until smooth. let sool slightly.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Divide the chocolate mixture on the unbuttered side of 4 slices, leaving a little border. Press chocolate chips and nut, if using, into the chocolate. Cover with the remaining slices of bread, buttered-side up, and press lightly.
- Cook the sandwiches in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn over press with a spatula, and cook until nicely browned and the chocolate is barely melted, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve warm.
Per serving: 151 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 1 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 131 mg sodium; 28 mg potassium.
1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat.