Apple Pie Smoothie
Yield: about 3 1/2 cups, 1-2 servings.
The chia seed helps to thicken the smoothie and give a nice texture. If you do not have it, substitute with ground flax seed, or omit entirely and just add slightly less water.
- 1 apple
- 2 small carrots
- 1 small zucchini
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 8-10 drops stevia liquid (plain or English Toffee flavor), to taste
- optional: 1-2 tbsp natural sweetener such as honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, yacon syrup, etc…
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame tahini (or other seed/ nut butter)
- 1 tbsp finely ground chia seed
- Coarsely chop the apple, carrot, and zucchini and place in blender with remaining ingredients and about 1/2-1 cup of water. Blend on high until totally smooth, adding more water as necessary.
- Serve with a dusting of cinnamon and a slice of apple.