Grasshopper Pie Recipe
8 Servings / Prep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 package (4.67 ounces) mint Andes candies, chopped, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Fold in 3/4 cup candies. Spoon into crust.
- In another bowl, combine extract and remaining whipped topping; add food coloring if desired. Spread over pudding layer; sprinkle with remaining candies. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Grasshopper Ice Cream Sandwiches With Hot Fudge Suace
This dessert combined mint and chocolate, cookie and ice cream, and hot and cold. The dough is very pliable; after placing it into the corners with your fingers. Dough can be refrigerated on sheet, covered, up to 1 day.
Prep: 35 minutes / Total: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking sheet.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, plus more for baking sheet
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 quart mint chocolate-chip ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Fudge Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet; dust with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, gradually beat in flour mixture. Pat dough into a rectangle. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough between wax paper into a 10-by-15 rectangle. Remove top paper; use the bottom to flip dough onto prepared sheet. Score into 20 sqaures with a paring knife. Pierce holes over squares.
- Bake until just firm, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Cut into sqaures; let cool completely.
- Sandwich ice cream between two cookies. Wrap in plastic; freeze to set, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve plain, or place on plates, and drizzle with hot fudge.
Chocolate-Mint Grasshopper Pie
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 2 hr 15 min
Makes: 8 servings, one piece each
What You Need:
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Pistachio Flavor instant Pudding
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipping Topping, divided.
- 6 DOUBLE STUF OREO Cool Mint Creme Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, chopped
- 1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.)
- 1 square BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Pour: milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping and the chopped cookies. Spoon into crust. Spread with remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping.
Melt: chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over pie.
Refrigerate: 2 hours or freeze until firm. if frozen, remove pie from freezer about 10 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Store leftover in refrigerator or freezer.
Kraft Kitchen Tips:
Save 50 calories per serving by preparing with fat free milk, JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Fat Free Sugar Fre instant Pudding and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
For stronger mint flavor, add 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract along with milk.
How To Drizzle Chocolate:
Dip a fork into the melted chocolate; let the chocolate drip off the fork tines as you move it back and forth across the top of pie.