Blend and enjoy a delicious beverage for four in 5 minutes!
Prep Time: 05 minutes / Total Time: 05 minutes / Makes: 4 servings
- 2 containers (6 oz each) Yoplait Original 99% Fat Free strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen peaches or nectarines
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup crushed ice
- In blender, place all ingredients. Cover; blend on High speed 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into 4 glasses. Serve immediately.
Serve this energizing fruit shake as a quick breakfast or as an after-school snack.
Frozen whole strawberries, slightly thawed, can be substituted for the fresh.
- Total Fat 1g
- (Saturated Fat 1/2g,
- Trans Fat 0g),
- Cholesterol 5mg;
- Sodium 40mg;
- Total Carbohydrate 24g
- (Dietary Fiber 1g,
- Sugars 19g),
- Protein 3g;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- 0 Starch;
- 1 Fruit;
- 0 Other Carbohydrate;
- 1/2 Skim Milk;
- 0 Low-Fat Milk;
- 0 Milk;
- 0 Vegetable;
- 0 Very Lean Meat;
- 0 Lean Meat;
- 0 High-Fat Meat;
- 0 Fat;
Icy Chai Mocha
Hot cocoa mix, flavored with instant espresso and the spices used in chai, blended with ice for a lower-calorie cold beverage.
Hands On: 5 minutes / Total: 5 minutes
Servings: Makes 4 servings (about 1-1/2 cups each)
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 envelopes (0.55 oz each) Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets No Sugar Added Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Reddi-wip Fat Free Dairy Whipped Topping
- Microwave milk on HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds. Meanwhile, whisk together cocoa mix, instant espresso, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and ginger in medium bowl. Pour warm milk over cocoa mixture; whisk to combine.
- Place ice in blender container; pour cocoa mixture over ice. Add honey and blend until combined. Pour into chilled glasses or mugs; top with Reddi-wip. Serve immediately.
Apple Pie Smoothie
Yield: about 3 1/2 cups, 1-2 servings.
The chia seed helps to thicken the smoothie and give a nice texture. If you do not have it, substitute with ground flax seed, or omit entirely and just add slightly less water.
- 1 apple
- 2 small carrots
- 1 small zucchini
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 8-10 drops stevia liquid (plain or English Toffee flavor), to taste
- optional: 1-2 tbsp natural sweetener such as honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, yacon syrup, etc…
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame tahini (or other seed/ nut butter)
- 1 tbsp finely ground chia seed
- Coarsely chop the apple, carrot, and zucchini and place in blender with remaining ingredients and about 1/2-1 cup of water. Blend on high until totally smooth, adding more water as necessary.
- Serve with a dusting of cinnamon and a slice of apple.
Makes 6 servings
For the butterbeer
- 6 12-ounce bottles cream soda (I prefer IBC (which is vegan) or Polar Classics Vanilla, but any will work perfectly), substitute diet cream soda for a still yummy sugar-free version
- 3 tablespoons imitation butter, or clarified butter (instructions linked above)
- Optional - 1 once light rum, per serving, for adults only
For the foam (vegan/dairy-free recipe linked above)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar, or spenda for sugar free version
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons imitation butter
- To make the butterbeer: Set out 6 16-ounce glasses. Place 1/2 teaspoon if imitation butter in each glass. Pour 12 ounces of butterbeer into each glass. Lightly stir, if necessary.
- To make the foam: In a large bowl, or the bowl of a standing mixer, whip the heavy cream on medium high speed for 3-4 minutes until it starts t thicken. Add the sugar and continue whipping until very soft peaks begin to form, another 3-4 minutes (if you need to whip more or less, then be sure to do so, the times can vary quite a bit based on environment). Stir in the vanilla and imitation butter, then whip for another 30 seconds or so, until soft peaks form.
- Spoon a generous portion of foam on top of each glass of butterbeer. Serve immediately.
Melted Peanut Butter Cup ‘n Banana Shake
vegan, serves two
- 1 1/4 cups Bliss Coconut Milk chocolate ‘ice cream’ *you can also use another brand of rice, soy, hemp or coconut ice cream. But Bliss is amazingly rich because it is made with coconut milk, which is higher in fat than soy or rice milk.
- 1 large banana, frozen or raw
- 1/3 cup coconut, soy, rice or hemp milk
- 5 big ice cubes *(coconut water or non-dairy milk ice cubes work best)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Add the ‘milk’, cinnamon, peanut butter, banana and 1/2 of the ‘ice cream’ to a blender.
- Add all the ice cubes.
- Blend on med-high until the ice is blended. Then on a very low speed, blend in the remaining ‘ice cream’.
Version two is in the link just click the photo.
Raw ShamWOW Shake
Makes: approx: 3 cups / Preparation Time: 10 mins
- 2 cups Raw Fresh Mint Ice Cream
- 1-2 cups Coconut Water Ice Cubes (adjust amount of ice for shake texture that you like)
- 1/2-1 cup Raw Coconut Milk
You can replace a few of the time-consuming ingredients above with the following items below, but know that the recipe won’t be considered raw if you do. It will be vegan instead. Look for Mint Coconut Ice Cream to replace Raw Fresh mint, peppermint oil and chlorophyll from out Raw Fresh Mint Ice Cream recipe. Store-bough Cooconut Milk, Almond Milk, Rice Milk or Hemp Milk can used to replace Raw Coconut Milk. You can also make your own Raw Almond Milk or Raw Hemp Milk to replace Raw Coconut Milk. So many options, huh? Play around, have fun.
Lets Get Started:
- Scoop your ice cream into the blender, add ice cubes, coconut milk and blend. Grab a cute straw, or a spoon and go to town!
Cook Time: 10 mins / Servings: 6
A favorite summer drink in Greece, a frappe is a cool refresher on a hot day for coffee lovers. This recipe has a double spike of coffee: it features using coffee as well as coffee ice cream. This addition of raspberry syrup makes this drink explode with flavor. Pair it with a simple sugar or wafer cookie for a perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
- 2 cups strong coffee, chilled
- 1/4 cup raspberry-flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 18 ice cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 6 scoops or coffee-flavor ice cream
- Chocolate shavings
- Place 1 cup of the coffee, the raspberry-flavor syrup, the half-and-half or light cream, and the ice cubes in a blender container. Cover and blend until the ice is finely crushed. Add the remaining coffee. Cover and blend on the lowest speed just until combined.
- To serve, pour the coffee mixture into glasses. Top each glass with a scoop of coffee-flavor ice cream and chocolate shavings. Makes 6 (6-ounce) servings.
White Hot Chocolate
Cook: 15 mins / Servings: 5
A cup of this creamy, spicy hot cocoa drink makes coming in out of the cold even more of a treat. Topped with slivers of vanilla candy coating and sprinkled with cinnamon, this toasty beverage is the perfect reward for shoveling the driveway. It may even entice kids to come in out of the snow after a few hours of sledding and snowball fights.
- 3 cups half-and-half or light cream*
- 3/4 cup vanilla-flavor baking pieces or vanilla-flavor candy coating, chopped
- 3 inches stick cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Slivers or vanilla-flavor candy coating (optional)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Combine 1/4 cup of the half-and-half or light cream, vanilla baking pieces or chopped candy coating, stick cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; whisk over low heat until vanilla baking pieces or candy is melted. Remove stick cinnamon.
- Add remaining half-and-half or light cream. Whisk until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Serve warm in cups or mugs; top with slivers of vanilla-flavor candy coating and sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired. Makes 5 (6-ounce) servings.
- *Note: To reduce fat, you may substitute low-fat milk or evaportated fat-free milk for the half-and-half.
- Tip: To create the foamy layer on top, blend some of the hot chocolate mixture in a blender container until frothy, and add to each serving.
Papaya-Mango Ice Cream Daiquiri
Prep: 0 mins / Total: 15 mins
- 2 cups mango-flavored juice blend or mango nectar, chilled
- 2 cups fresh golden and/or red papaya, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup golden rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Papaya, mango, and/or lime slices (optional)
- Combine mango juice blend, the chopped papaya, ice cream, rum, and the honey in a blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into 4 to 6 tall chilled glasses. Garnish each glass with the papaya, mango, and/or lime slices, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
About this recipe
Serve this summery honey-sweetened rum, mango juice, papaya, and ice cream beverage in tall chilled glasses.