Brownies on a Stick
Stick to brownies the kids will love! Frosted and decorated, brownies-on-a-stick become extra kid friendly.
Prep Time: 30 min/ Total Time: 3 hours 0 min/ Makes: 24 brownie pops
- 1 box (1 lb 6.5 oz) Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box.
- 24 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with rounded ends)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Assorted Betty Crocker Decorating Decors candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degreesF. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil so foil extends about 2 inches over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray. Make and bake brownie mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan, using water, oil and eggs. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Place brownies in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove brownies from pan by lifting foil; peel foil from sides of brownies. Cut brownies into 24 rectangular bars, 6 rows lengthwise and 4 rows across, each about 1 1/2 by 3 1/4 inches. Gently insert stick into end of each bar, peeling foil from bars. Place on cookie sheet; freeze 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High about 1 minute; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave additional 5 seconds at a time. Dip top 1/3 to 1/2 of each brownie into chocolate; sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Lay flat on waxed paper or foil to dry.
Variation: Using white baking chips for the chocolate chips
Purchasing: Visit a cake-decorating supply store or catalog to find an array of candy sprinkles.
190 ( 70 ); 8 g ( 3 g); 15 mg; 95 mg; 28 g ( 0g); 2 g 0%; 0%; 0%; 0% 1 ; 1 ; 1