Peppermint White Chocolate Truffles
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 candy canes, 20 peppermint candies, or 1/2 cup precrushed peppermints
- Heat cream and corn syrup in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Add chocolate, a little at a time, whisking to combine.
- Remove from heat. Add the peppermint extract and the butter, stir slowly until combined. Let the ganache sit until it reaches room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours. (Don’t skip the step of bringing the ganache to room temperature, or the butter may separate out - I speak from experience. Twice.)
- Put the candy canes in a plastic baggie and whisk them with a kitchen mallet until they are crushed. Or go the super-easy route and use purchased crushed peppermints. Place in a small Pyrex dish or a ramekin.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop small balls of ganache and roll in your hands to slightly warm the truffle. Dip in the crushed candy mixture and place on the baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about two hours.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator up to one week. Remove 30-60 minutes before serving.
- You can also freeze truffles for up to one month.