Caramel Marshmallow Treats Recipe
60 Servings / Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Island Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. Place cereal in a shallow bowl. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk, caramels and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- With a toothpick, dip each marshmallow into warm caramel mixture; turn to coat. Press marshmallow bottoms in cereal; place on prepared pans. Let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.