Chocolate Mint Puddles Recipe
(Adapted from AllRecipes)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 (4.5 oz) packages Andes mints
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with sugar and water, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, mixing until melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before pouring chocolate into a bowl and beating in eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll cookie dough into small balls and place on cookie sheets, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. After removing cookie sheet from oven, press a mint into each cookie and allow to sit for 1 minute, melting slightly. (If the mints don’t melt enough - as mint didn’t - feel free to pop the cookies with the mints on top back in the oven for an extra 30 seconds to soften the chocolate.)
- Then, using a toothpick, swirl the melted mint to make a pattern. Allow to cool before serving.